I’m coming at you today with something quite exciting (or at least I think so, haha) – I’ve been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award! I always love doing these, and I’d like to thank the lovely Lily from lilyxoxoh for the nomination (be sure to check her out).
Before I properly start the post, I’d like to say a quick sorry for being weirdly absent since last Wednesday as I’ve been moving back to uni and into my new flat, but I’m back now. Another thing is that because I’m going into my second year, I feel like 3 posts a week might be too much for me to handle, so I’m gonna drop down to 2 a week and see how that feels (don’t worry, they’ll still be as good, just not as often 😦 ).
So anyway, let’s get on with it!
Sunshine Blogger Award Rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions asked.
- Nominate 11 other blogs and add 11 new questions for them.
- Favourite movie?
- Scariest moment of your life?
- Favourite quote?
- Summer or winter?
- Favourite blogger?
- Worst movie you have ever seen?
- Your inspiration? (life, fashion, beauty etc.)
- Do you have a youtube channel? (If no, have you ever thought about having one?)
- Makeup product you can’t live without?
- Where are you from?
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- I’d probably have to say Resident Evil or Donnie Darko, because they’re both pretty dark and I absolutely love zombie films (hence RE – I even have an Umbrella Corporation mug). Another one I loved that I watched a bit ago was a Korean zombie film called Train to Busan which I would 100% recommend. (I love a bit of Korean horror, another amazing one is I Saw the Devil).
- This is a tough one actually ummm I’d probably have to say (this is super dumb but it was scary at the time) when we thought we’d irreversibly hypnotised someone to think that they were a vampire: Basically me and my best friend Emily were obsessed with youtube hypnotisms and we’d found a guy who was rlly good. So we were messing around with it and i goes to our friend like do u wanna try this one where he tricks u into thinking ur a vampire and she was like yeah ok so she’s sat listening and watching this thing or whatever while we’re cleaning up. Then halfway through my ipad dies…and she is stuck in a trance. We moved the chair with her literally on it and she did not move, so we wait for it to recharge and I look up the thing that gets u out of a trance that was somewhere on his channel and then she wakes up using that. But she’s so disorientated and doesn’t remember her name or where she is and she keeps feeling her teeth and like you might say she was faking it at this point, but oh no like you could tell she was frightened and confused. She started like shaking and Emily’s mum had to give her hot chocolate and like try calm her down and shit and she says she doesn’t remember how she got to Emily’s house or why we were there. Meanwhile her Mormon mum who is staunchly against the concept of vampires will arrive in like half an hour (!) So anyway we eventually brought her back round to being fine and her mum still thinks I’m a great role model and is none-the-wiser, but I won’t be going near anything like that again lmao.
- “Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.” – Oscar Wilde
- I do love summer but I’d have to say winter just because I hate being too warm bc it makes me irritable, plus jumpers and exciting coffees and fluffy pyjamas exist soo.
- Hmmm I would have to say Hollife over at hollifeblog, because she does such afforable makeup hauls, she has a youtube as well, and her content is always so different and fun.
- It’s gotta be a film called Dark Feed, it was so low budget and terrible it was hilarious.
- My current source of inspiration in like a motivational sense is Kalyn Nicholson, as all her videos on anxiety and fitness and healthy eating and stuff are just so calming and helpful and I’d definitely recommend her to anyone with bad mh who wants to have a more positive outlook.
- I do have one where I post covers every so often that’s not associated with my blog, but I do want to start one eventually bc sometimes I feel like I need a video for a lot of the ideas I have. I have a channel with my blog’s name already picked out for whenever I take the leap!
- Despite my spotty face etc I’d have to say an eyeshadow palette, either one of my ABH ones but most likely Subculture because it’s so creative and you can also create everyday looks with it easily. I’m just not me without eyeshadow!
- I live with my parents in Huddersfield when I’m not at uni and I’m originally from Leeds, but when I’m at uni (like right now), I live in Edinburgh.
- I say this like every time but probably New York because I’d love to go but it’s so expensive! (My parents have been twice without me, ew).
- Describe your blog in 5 words?
- What’s your favourite book?
- What’s your favourite food?
- Name one pet peeve?
- What’s your favourite conspiracy theory?
- What’s the best holiday you’ve ever been on?
- What helps you stay motivated?
- What’s your favourite hot drink?
- If you’re not blogging, what are you doing?
- What Netflix series are you bingeing right now?
- Name one of your fears?
Jessica – http://www.heartshapedbones.com/
Hollife – http://www.hollifeblog.com
Sophie – https://sophieinwonderlandxo.com/
Kimberley – https://teaisawishyourheartmakes.wordpress.com/
Monsterful Mama – https://monsterfulmama.com/
Charlotte – https://charlottesmakeupblog.com/
Louise – https://loubou.blog/
So that was my post for the Sunshine Blogger Award! I hope you enjoyed reading it, as I had a lot of fun writing it! (Especially that story about the hypnotism because I love sharing ridiculous and dramatic stories lmao). I say this everytime but anyone who reads/ enjoys my blog means so much to me as I’m super proud of it, so thank you for taking the time to read this and thank you again for the nomination Lily!